It was a quiet week, with no companies reported earnings (no earnings reports scheduled for the rest of the year) and no changes in ratings or price targets.
Friday, December 11, 2020 Subscribers-Only Podcast
Covering recent news and analysis for our portfolio companies and other topics relevant to value investors.
Today’s podcast is about 6 minutes and covers:
- Brief updates on:
- Four stocks are at or approaching their price targets, including Baker Hughes (BKR), Dupont (DD), Adient (ADNT) and Trinity Industries (TRN). We will be reviewing these in coming days for raises or sells.
- General Electric (GE) – settled charges relating to misleading investors in years before arrival of current CEO Larry Culp.
- Nokia (NOK) – holding a call on December 16 to update investors on their strategy.
- Dupont (DD) – received the final necessary anti-trust approvals and is on-track for a first quarter 2021 closing of the Nutrition & Biosciences deal with IFF.
- Valero (VLO) – competitors’ refineries closing in the developed world.
- Elsewhere in the market:
- Bank of Japan is now the largest shareholder of Japanese stocks. Combined with the GPIF of Japan, the two entities own about 14% of all Japanese stocks.
Please feel free to share your ideas and suggestions for the podcast with an email to either me at email@example.com or to our friendly customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the time limit we may not be able to cover every topic each week, but we will work to cover as much as possible or respond by email.
Look for the regular monthly issue of the Cabot Turnaround Letter on Wednesday, December 23rd, just before Christmas and a week earlier than our typical end-of-month schedule. This issue will include our annual year-end review and outlook as well as our Top Five Stocks for 2021.